Monday, November 7, 2011

11/7/11 Trade Results: 3 positions, $118.75 profit. Very erratic market environment

Had 1 long trade in the Euro and 2 long trades in the NQ. The one long NQ later in the day was a little bit impatient and counter trend, so I decided to take a small profit on in because I felt uneasy about the positions; I took $50 on that one. Below is an example of how I trade a wedge. A wedge represents consolidation and will break out to one side or another at some point. Until that point, if there's volume, you buy the lows and short the highs with a stop outside of the wedge. Before even taking the position, you will know where your target will be and where you stop will be. In this example, my max profit on the position was around $60, the top of the wedge. Don't be greedy with these types of trades, be realistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment