Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11/1/11 Trade Results: 2 positions, $87.50 profit. This is why I use stops and follow my system

I had one short trade in the Euro from last night that met target. There was some positive news regarding Greece this afternoon that rallied the Euro for a short period. I was in the long trade and was able to add to the position as the Euro kept climbing. It's critical to make sure if you're increasing leverage have your risk off. Upon structuring the position, I had a best case scenario of $500 and a worst case scenario of around +$15 if getting stopped. Here is the chart, I got stopped on the break of the invalidation point, which ended to be a good thing because the Euro eventually sold off after that. This shows that you need to stick to your rules, eliminate risk, and trade your system day in and day out:

No comments:

Post a Comment