Wednesday, November 16, 2011

11/16/11: Trade results: 2 trades, 60 pips profit. Following the system, patience is rewarded

After Monday's loss, I really wanted to step back and take some time to ensure that mistakes from Monday were never repeated again. I took Tuesday to develop the analysis sheet and work on documenting rules. Today was the day of implementing the system improvements that I worked on yesterday. I decided to trade the micro Euro/USD with the least amount of leverage possible until I can validate that I have corrected the issues from Monday. Normally, I trade multiple contracts in the micro Euro/USD for scaling purposes, but today I wanted to devote time to doing the analysis and being correct on the trades, applying rules 100%. The way I look at it is if one can make consistent money trading 1 contract, say earning $100 per day, in theory, if nothing is changed except for increasing the leverage, 10 contracts should produce $1,000 per day. So here's the breakdown for today: 2 trades, 60 pips profit. In the micro, that's $75 profit, in the mini that's $750, trading the micro with multiple contracts like I normally do, the result would be $375.

No comments:

Post a Comment