Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12/21/11 Trade results: 3 trades, $250 profit. Trading trends, cutting losses short, letting profits run

Over the past few months I've altered and improved my trading style. I started out trying to take "x" amount of dollars per trade, over and over again. This leads to overtrading and eventually netting losses. What I then realized is that time is your friend when it comes to futures trading, so let the profits run, protecting them with a stop. I had 3 trades for a profit of $250 today.

I had one major mmistake today, letting a very profitable trade turn into a breakeven. Importantly, it wasn't a loss, but a break even after being so much in the money is a MAJOR MISTAKE.

The reason I let the trade play out is because I thought the momentum from yesterday was going to continue over into today and that 2300 on the Nasdaq would be tested (this was my target on the trade).

No comments:

Post a Comment