Thursday, December 15, 2011

12/15/11 Trade results: 4 trades, $65 loss. Its the sample of trades that matters

I had 4 trades today and ended with a $65 loss. 3 of the 4 trades were managed very well, according to the system, stop was moved to +$5 after movement in favor. One of the trades took a full stop due to an emotional decision (as I said I'm still working on correction this issue).

The whole thing with trading is that its the net result that matters. How you end at the end of the week, the month, the quarter. I used to put a heavy amount of focus on each individual trade and each individual day, but I learned that its the "sample" of trades and the end of a period that  really matters. For example, I like to see how I performed over 20 trades or 1 month, thats what will build consistency.

The moral of the story is that I expect down days, its a part of the business. MOST IMPORTANT THING IS NOT TO TURN A BAD DAY INTO A CATASTROPHE! Take your losses and learn from them, make sure your decisions are correct. Also, try to make sure your down days are small, especially smaller than your positive days.

No comments:

Post a Comment