Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12/14/11Trade Results: 13 trades, $130 profit with a 15% win rate!

Today was very interesting. I had the 1st trade of the morning long at the lows of yesterday. It was a classic system setup, also, following the system, I got stopped out for a profit of $5. I ended up having 13 trades today and only 2 of them were profitable! BUT, applying the number one rule, cut losses short let profits run, I ended the day with a slight profit. I had plenty of mistakes today regarding fighting trend, I had way more long trades than short trades and according to my system that's a problem. I will review today later on and try to fix the issue of forcing counter trend trades. I seem to "notice" more seller failure trades in a short environment than there actually are. Lets see what I can come up with tonight to fix this for the future! I finished with $130 at the end of the day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi HT Trading,
    I just found this blog and found it very interesting! I invest in leveraged Long/Short ETF of US equities. I will learn from you a lot.
    Thanks for the postings!
    From Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have been reading your blog for a while. I am very interested in your SF/BF trading methods. But in practice I find it very hard to get right. So I wanted to know more about how you enter your trades: do you simply notice an old high and then simply put in a sell order a few ticks below it with a stop a tick or two above it? Or are you actually waiting to see some kind of reversal take place? I find that everytime I wait for a reversal, I usually miss the trade or get a poor entry which causes my stop to be wide

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support guys!

    Poster from Belgium,
    If there's anything specific that you would like me to post on / something I can give my opinion on, please let me know and I will be more than happy to do so!

    Poster regarding SF/BF entry signal,
    Do you use skype? Probably the best thing would be for us to get on a call and talk. If you do, give me your skype name and I will add you to my contacts.

    Thanks again!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete