Thursday, April 9, 2015

Introducing Mr. Bryan Franco: A "Real-World" Quant

After a lot of emails requesting that I start the blog back up with regular postings of ideas and market analysis, I have decided to dedicate the time and effort to continue providing content that previous visitors said they enjoyed and appreciated. Even better news, I'm very happy, proud, and excited to announce that Bryan Franco has partnered up with me in accomplishing this task and sharing his knowledge, experience, and expertise! So, introducing.. Mr. Franco:

Here is the part where I say I, I, me, me…

Hi, my name is Bryan Franco, I am Tim’s blog partner. I have worked as a fundamental analyst, a “Quant” portfolio manager, and as a trader/pm for a hedge fund. Currently, I am a portfolio manager at Flexible Plan Investments, a RIA in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Previously, I co-managed a hedge fund at Oppenheimer in New York. Before that, I managed a small quantitatively-oriented long-only fund at Northpointe Capital in Troy, Michigan. My first job was covering Real Estate Investment Trusts for Dividend Capital in Denver. I received the right to use the CFA Charterholder designation in 2008. I received a Bachelors and Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Michigan in ’03, and ’05, respectively.

Ok, enough of the mundane…

Over my career I've found myself increasingly underwhelmed by work that is either overly scientific or overly artistic. Much more inspiring to me is to be able to combine the two professions. My only interest in this pursuit is in making money. As a result, you won’t get much theory from me. What you will get are actionable investment ideas that come from taking a balanced and humble view of the markets.

Tim and I are much more interested in studying price action. Much to the chagrin of our newspapers, financial statements, periodicals, and journals, we use those to kindle fires.

Bryan Franco

No comments:

Post a Comment