Friday, October 14, 2011

10/14/11 Trade Results: 5 trades, $170 profit; $720 on week

Friday's are usually my day off or a very light trading day because the volume on Fridays is usually quite low. I like to spend Friday's as a research day / analyze the weeks trades (looking for ways to improve certain things).

As mentioned previously, this week and next will be very conservative trading, attempting to validate and finalize an aspect of my trading system. Therefore, the profits / number of trades will be low, but the quality of the positions / strictness of entries will be my goal.

Here's the chart up until this afternoon:
Conditions changed following consumer sentiment figures. I had my most profitable trade around 9:40am, prior to the news, for $100. The rest of the trades were small profits, recognizing that I'm trading in light volume, I would get out for $10-$50 on the positions.

Here are the live results during this week. Prior to commissions, the gross profit for this week is $720, factoring in the 30 trades, commission of $114.60, ended with $605.40 clean profit. The goal for this week and next is $500 each week. The goal was exceeded by 21.1% for this week . 

No comments:

Post a Comment