Monday, September 12, 2011

9/12/11 Trade Results: $270

Ended the day with $270 profit, 7 trades. This includes the 1 trade left open from Friday. Upon the close of Friday, my mark-to-market closing balance was -$60. I closed out that position today and had 6 trades throughout the day. So the $270 includes the position from Friday. Today was a very volatile day. My analysis indicated that there was a short squeeze in the morning followed by a steady down trend and then a following short squeeze. Thursday, Friday, and today have been kind of tough to trade properly because of the swings in the market. There are a lot of factors that are driving prices right now, the thing is, these factors have a lot of uncertainty within them.

Starting tomorrow morning, I will be back on the regular schedule of being up by 6:00am EST and having the daily analysis posted. I think my issue has been that I have been to undisciplined with my trading the past 3 days. I will have a video posted later today and will explain the issues that are occurring as well as solutions for correcting them. Here is a position that I took a positive stop on, unfortunately, the market was not ready to rally at that time. The most important thing is to protect yourself though. So be happy that you take a positive stop in trades rather than getting stuck in positions for a loss that keeps adding up. There will be the time when you are correct and the market rallies in your favor and you are able to average up for a large profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment